FERRÉ & CONSULTING GROUP
FABIEN ROUILLARD, Creation & Design, and former Head Pastry Chef at the LUCAS CARTON - 3 Michelin star restaurant. After graduating from the Institut Vatel (International Hotel Management School), Fabien quickly chose to specialize in desserts. He decided to enrich his prospects by travelling around the world, working with chefs from all countries. He climbed the rungs of the catering ladder, first as pastry chef de partie at the 2 Michelin star restaurant, the Tastevin, and then at Fauchon. He then joined the renowned caterers Raynier & Marchetti as Head Pastry Chef. Finally, in 1998 he joined Mr Senderens’ team at the famous Lucas Carton establishment.
He set up his own company, jointly with Laurent, Création Conseil Dessert in 2000 for the enhancement and innovation of desserts. At present we are partners of Ferré&Consulting Group.
LAURENT MEREDIEU, Research & Development, learned his trade working along side the great chefs of Paris, and in particular at the select Grand Véfour restaurant. After graduating from the Jean Ferrandi culinary school, Laurent started his career as pastry chef for the famous Maxim’s restaurant, before becoming Head Pastry Chef for the prestigious Lucien Barrière group. Appointed production manager for the renowned caterer Raynier & Marchetti (Groupe FLO), Laurent is responsible for the R&D of product ranges and for the organisation and monitoring of production profitability. Laurent is the very first in France to have created a management software, ‘Assistant Chef’, capable of optimizing profitability by controlling costs and increasing the gross margin. In 2005, Laurent was winner of the “Toque d’Or Internationale” for “petits fours”.
CREATION AND DEVELOPMENT
- Conceptualisation and development of sweet products’ range.
- Definition of new catering concepts.
- Elaboration of new menu development.
- Research and development (recipe formulation, development of mock-up, prototype, trials, refinement, naming research, industrial development in the plant operations, quality control).
- Re-positioning, updating and optimisation of food products’ range and menus for large scale development.
- Assess revised formulations for product improvement.
- Customer presentation : selection of food product, evaluation, refinement.
- Training of culinary theory and techniques.
- Training of professional cooking team in real-life situation .
- Culinary creativity seminars in team or individually .
- Consultancy in opening new sites (production site, R&D laboratory).
- Consultancy in opening new restaurants and take-away shops.
- Consultancy on new products’ launch (from idea generation/conception to implementation).
- Managing new project (analysis, feasibility study, definition of the specifications, development, planing, implementation, deployment, follow-up).
- Auditing of restaurants and catering stores (evaluation of technical, logistic, human issues).
- Selection of production facilities of suppliers, supervision of all phases of production.
- Assess, evaluate and recommend equipment's (including plant design work and product flow).
- Develop and issue manufacturing and production specifications and methods.
- Direct manufacturing start-ups and initial product start-ups and scale-ups.
- Implementation of quality tracking control, sourcing ingredients and services, and recommendation of working effectiveness process.
TASTING PROGRAMS AND EVENTS
- Product tasting program for existing and new products
(test consumer acceptability and concept/product fit) .
- Organisation of culinary seminars .
- Event associating painting and pastry ‘Eat the Paint’.
MULTIMEDIA AND EDITING
- Conception and sales marketing of a management software for Cafés, Hotels and Restaurants ® Assistant Chef
- Participation in culinary books (elaboration of new recipes and products 'shooting).
- Advertising shooting (brochure, hand-out, poster).
- Culinary stylism.